Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February: Words Have Power Display (Black History Month)

February is Black History Month, we created two displays to spotlight famous African Americans and events in history. Our first display is titled "Words Have Power." I wanted to create a display that focused on biographies and famous speeches. We pulled all our biographies on famous African Americans and then we pulled books on famous speeches (We had a few Martin Luther King Jr. books with his speeches). To fill in the display we also added books on how to write speeches.

The signage for the display was simple. I took keywords that described the people spotlighted in the display. I used the following colors to write the words: red, green, black and yellow.I then cut them out and taped them around the display.

 For the display sign I just wrote out "Words Have Power" in the color scheme above.

Please feel free to use any of the signage for your own display!

No comments:

Post a Comment