Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March: St. Patrick's Day Display

 St. Patrick's Day display:

 It's St.Patrick's Day and it's time to make the library pinch proof! Displays featuring all books in a single color are popular. I have seen several versions on Pinterest and various blogs with captions such as "I don't know the name but the cover was blue." St. Patrick's Day is the perfect time to pull all your green books and feature them in a display!

To liven up the display a bit I added some "gold coins." These are cute circle garlands in bright yellow. I cut the garland into several pieces and taped it behind and between books on the shelves. You can find the garland and similar items on Etsy at BaileyHadAParty


I then added paper shamrocks to the display. You can make these in several ways but what I found easiest was to cut out hearts. I then tapped together 3 or 4 hearts depending on if I wanted a three leaf or a four leaf clover. You could also take the 3d layered hearts that I used in the Blind Date with a Book display and put three or four of those hearts together to make an unique shamrock.
I would love to hear about your St. Patrick's Day displays!


No comments:

Post a Comment