Sunday, April 12, 2015

April: Earth Day Tree Display

For our Earth Day display this year I created a tree that spans across our bookcase. I created the trunk of the tree by laying full sheets of construction paper on the display and tracing a trunk design, cutting it out piece by piece so it matched. I made the trunk months before the display was put up, so I numbered each piece and took a picture of it up, to use as a guide when it was time to put up the actual display.


For the leaves I created several different variations and cut them out using the Silhouette Cameo. It took a lot of time to cut out all these leaves, in various colors, so I began several months ahead of time and did a sheet of leaves whenever I had a bit of time.

For the books I pulled all out Earth Day themed books to complete the display.



No comments:

Post a Comment