Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bulletin Board: Dive Into Reading!



Dive into reading this summer! Over the summer I am working as a teacher/librarian for a K-5 private school. For the library's bulletin board I came up with "Dive into Reading." Using ocean/diving/swimming themed books that the library had, I created this cute bulletin board.


For the fish/ sea creatures I googled "baby fish" "ocean nursery" "sea creatures" and I also looked at examples on Pinterest and Etsy. I drew some of the creatures myself like the octopus and crab. You might notice that a few of the fish are from Dr. Seuss books. I cut out all the fish and drew on faces using a sharpie. Then I cut out starfish, seaweed and rocks. I chose to cut out larger letters than the 4" punches that the school had available.

I used the following books, I found the cover images online and printed them out and then added a colors piece of craft paper behind each one:



Samson the Hot Tub Bear by Wendy Tokuda








                                                       Sea of Dreams by Dennis Nolan







Samantha the Swimming Fairy by Daisy Meadows









                                                   The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister









Dark Day in the Deep Sea by Mary Pope Osborne









                                                The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan









Fish for Jimmy by Katie Yamasaki








                              Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! by Barbara Park









Ladybug Girl at the Beach by David Soman and Jacky Davis








                                      The Seals That Wouldn't Swim by Steve Brezenoff









The Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz Kessler









  The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen






No comments:

Post a Comment